STATUTE OF THE VASARIO 16-OSIOS FOUNDATION
- The Vasario 16-osios Foundation is a monetary foundation established by the Order No. IV18-1 of the President of MG BALTIC UAB GROUP of 6 February 2018, intended to continue the initiative aimed at promoting return of the original Act of Independence of 16th February of Lithuania, and further promoting historical research of the state of Lithuania, historical thought development, society’s interest in historical heritage, spread of awareness of the history of Lithuania.
- The Statute of the Vasario 16-osios Foundation (hereinafter – the Statute) establishes the procedure of allocation of funds of the Vasario 16-osios Foundation (hereinafter – the Foundation) for appropriate applicants, formation of the council of the Vasario 16-osios Foundation (hereinafter – the Council), its objectives, functions, rights and duties.
- The purpose of the establishment of the Foundation is to finance specific initiatives fo persons, projects of science, culture and art related with historical research of the state of Lithuania, historical thought development, spread of awareness of the history of Lithuania, and to promote interest of Lithuanian society in historical heritage of Lithuania and popularity of university studies of history of Lithuania.
- The funds of the Foundation amount to EUR 1 000 000 (one million Euro). The funds of the Foundation can be used to finance applications proposed for financing by the Council of the Foundation following the procedure established in the Statute, and to cover administration, publicity, marketing expenses of the Foundation.
- Maximum financing amount per application (per project) may not exceed EUR 100 000 (one hundred thousand Euro).
- Funds of the Foundation can be allocated to historical research of the state of Lithuania, art and culture projects, i.e. to scientific research, scientific expeditions, acquisition of historically relevant objects, full or partial financing of creation of works of art (books, art albums, films, musical projects, etc.), financing of research needed for preparation of scientists’ publications, financing of exposition of historical objects, science and art scholarships, education, scientific events.
- Activities of the Foundation and power of the members of the Council expire, once:
- all funds of the Foundation are allocated and
- reports on implementation of all Applications financed from the funds of the Foundation are presented.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS FOR FINANCING
- Natural and legal persons, other organisations and/or their units registered in the Republic of Lithuania and foreign countries (hereinafter – the Applicant or Applicants) can submit applications (hereinafter – the Application) to the Foundation for financing.
- Application must be filled in according to the template presented (Annex No. 1 to the Statute) alongside with its validating documents and sent by electronic mail to: email@example.com.
- The Council has the right to request Applicants for additional information regarding the Application, and original Application, personal presence of the Applicant at introducing the Application (project) at the Council’s meeting.
ESTABLISHMENT, OBJECTIVES, FUNCTIONS, RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF THE COUNCIL
- The Council consists of 9 members who voluntarily participate in the activities of the Foundation, on the grounds of public services, for no consideration. The number of the Council members can change.
- The Council is headed by the Chair, and in case of temporary inability to hold the post of the Chair of the Council, his/her Deputy Chair acts as the Chair of the Council.
- The Chair or Deputy Chair of the Council has the right to resign from the post of the Chair or Deputy Chair of the Council at any time, remaining being members of the Council. Members of the Council can resign from the posts of the members of the Council upon an advance notice to the Chair of the Council.
- The Chair of the Council:
- organises and chairs meetings of the Council;
- plans and organises work of the Council;
- signs minutes of the meetings of the Council, other documents related with the activities of the Council.
- Objectives of the Council include assessment of the creative and scientific value of Applications submitted to the Council and presentation of their expert assessment (Council’s decision) regarding eligibility of the Application for financing from the funds of the Foundation; and assurance of rational, transparent and effective use of the funds of the Foundation.
- When implementing its objectives, the Council performs the following functions:
- assesses received Applications of Applicants following the procedure established in this Statute and makes a decision on eligibility of the Application for financing (full or partial) from the funds of the Foundation;
- considers Applications according to the following criteria:
- relevance of works and activity for development and spread of historical research of the state of Lithuania;
- relevance, artistic, scientific, educational and lasting legacy of works and activity;
- significance of works and activity for development of modern civil public consciousness.
- For achievements in the field of historical research of the state of Lithuania, at the proposal of the Chair of the Council, the Council has the right to award a bonus of maximum EUR 20 000 (twenty thousand Euro) each calendar year. If a bonus is awarded to a group of persons, it is distributed equally to every person.
- Bonus stipulated in Paragraph 17 of the Statute can be awarded to natural persons and/or legal persons, other organisations, and their units registered in the Republic of Lithuania and foreign countries, holding beneficiary’s status. Such bonus can be awarded to a member of the Council and/or institution represented by him/her, but the member of Council must abstain and not to vote regarding award of the bonus.
- A member of the Council can submit an Application personally and/or in the name of an institution represented by him/her. In all cases, financing amount assigned to such Applicants may not exceed EUR 100 000 (one hundred thousand Euro) throughout the period of activity of the Foundation. A member of the Council must abstain and not to vote on allocation of financing.
- Members of the Council must act objectively, fairly, avoid a conflict of public and private interests, and in there is a threat of a conflict of interests, they must give an immediate notice to the Chair of the Council and abstain from decision preparation, discussion, adoption or any other impact on decisions causing a conflict of interests.
ALLOCATION OF FINANCING OF THE FOUNDATION
- Financing (full or partial) is allocated to an Application(s) regarding compliance of which with the criteria established in Paragraph 16 of the Statute a decision is made by the Council following the procedure established in this Chapter.
- Form of activity of the Council is a meeting. Technical provision of the activity of the Foundation and meetings of the Council is organised and secured by MG BALTIC UAB GROUP.
- The Council convenes meetings once in three (3) months, at which Applications received by the day of the meeting are discussed. If no application was received during an appropriate period, no meeting of the Council is convened.
- If needed, extraordinary meetings of the Council can be organised at the Chair’s (in his/her absence – Deputy Chair’s) initiative.
- Members of the Council are individually informed in advance about the meeting of the Council convened (date, time, place and agenda) by the mode convenient to them at least 14 (fourteen) calendar days before the day of the appropriate meeting of the Council to be convened.
- Members of the Council must be provided with a possibility to familiarise themselves with the received Applications before the day of the meeting.
- Members of the Council adopt decisions by the majority of votes of the members present at the meeting, i.e. a decision is considered to be adopted more public votes for the decision are received than the votes against it.
- Members of the Council can adopt decisions and the meeting is considered to be held if at least 5 (five) members of the Council are present at the meeting of the Council. If it is established that the quorum is present at the meeting, it shall be considered that the quorum is throughout the meeting. If there is no quorum at the meeting, the meeting is considered to be non-convened and an adjourned meeting must be organised within 5 (five) working days.
- A member of the Council has the right to vote in writing on a certain matter discussed at the meeting of the Council. A member who voted in advance in writing is considered to be present at the meeting of the Council and his/her vote is included into the quorum of the meeting and voting results.
- A member of the Council has the right to attend a meeting by remote mode, ensuring his/her participation via electronic communication means. A member of the Council must inform the Chair of the Council at least 3 (three) working days before the meeting about his/her intention to attend the meeting by remote mode.
- A member of the Council has no right to authorise the other person to attend and vote at the meeting instead of him/her.
- If during voting at the meeting of the Council, there is a split vote, the vote of the Chair of the Council will be decisive, provided at least six (6) members of the Council (including the Chair of the Council) cast their votes.
- Minutes of the meetings of the Council are kept. Minutes are signed by the Chair of the Council. Minutes must be drawn and signed within 5 (five) working days from the day of the meeting.
- Meetings of the Council are attended by members of the Council, Council’s meeting servicing staff, at the Council’s invitation, if needed, a person (persons) who submitted an Application subject to discussion, other persons if needed.
- If the Council adopts a decision on financing of a specific Application (full or partial), an appropriate agreement is signed with the Applicant.
- Amount requested for financing in an Application must include all mandatory taxes. Financing amount allocated to the Applicant must include all taxes due.
- No additional financing for the same Application is awarded, unless the initial Application enabled making discoveries which require additional financing, in such event a new Application must be submitted.
- The Application of the same Applicant may not be financed for the second time.
- Applications that do not comply with the Application content and form requirements specified in the Statute are not discussed at the meetings of the Council.
- Members of the Council have the right to assign expert assessment of a received Application, expenses of which are covered by the Foundation.
- Application is not financed if:
- an Applicant (other than natural persons) has no beneficiary’s status;
- an Applicant provided false, inaccurate, incomplete information in the Application;
- upon completion of additional assessment of the Application, the latter may not be implemented;
- an Application does not meet the criteria established in Paragraph 16 of the Statute;
- members of the Council did not adopt a decision on its financing by the majority of votes following the procedure established in this Statute.
- Applicants are individually informed about the results of consideration of their Application financing. Decisions of the Council are not public and may not be appealed against.
- Expenses of preparation of Applications and their submission to the Council are not reimbursed to the Applicants.
- An Applicant having signed an appropriate agreement on Application financing must submit reports to the Council on the implementation of the project (Application) financed by the Foundation within the established terms. Upon completion of the project, the Applicant must submit a project (Application) implementation report to the Council within the terms established in the agreement.
PUBLICATION OF INFORMATION
- Content of Applications to which financing is awarded is not published.
- Information about adopted decisions on Applications financing, Bonus award is provided on http://vasario16aktas.lt/ .
- By the 1st of March each year, the Council draws a report on the activities of the Foundation in the last calendar year, use of funds, financed applications, projects under implementation and implemented from the funds of the Foundation. Report is published on http://vasario16aktas.lt/ .
FINANCING OF THE ACTIVITIES OF THE FOUNDATION
- The Council can assign up to 5 (five) per cent of the total funds of the Foundation for administration, publicity and marketing services of the activities of the Foundation per year.